Friday, January 19, 2007

Here is the latest iteration of my first project. The assignment is to do a self-portrait completely drawn in photoshop. I chose not to do the same ol' photoshop self-portrait because I wanted to use the assignment's freedom to do some art that actually means something to me. The landscape is a loose representation of this place I'm living in. The colors are sampled directly from pictures I took looking down at the canyon. I haven't quite decided if this is done yet, but I think I could turn in the assignment with it in this state.

Tomorrow I drive to Santa Barbara to meet John.


Sam

3 comments:

Unknown said...

words fail me.
Slugs & Fishes, Love Lilly

Unknown said...

"I chose not to do the same ol' photoshop self-portrait because I wanted to use the assignment's freedom to do some art that actually means something to me."

Unknown said...

"I chose not to do the same ol' photoshop self-portrait because I wanted to use the assignment's freedom to do some art that actually means something to me."

Righteous! And it produced a very sweet, somewhat abstract painting. I think you should continue along this line of work and thought. After all, what is art to an artist? What drives us to create? Does the joy come after the production and with the resulting piece or with the act of creation and expression? What do you think?